Monday, January 17, 2011

Mouth Full of Metal

I will never forget the glorious day I got my braces off.  April 19th 2003.  I crimped my hair the night before and made sure to wear my 'coolest' American Eagle shirt to go along with my new gums.  I can kinda remember my orthodontist that day talking to me about how I was going to have to wear my retainer at night in turn for having my braces taken off blah, blah blah... I wasn't listening (partly because I couldn't stop running my tongue over my new teeth) and mostly because I just wanted to get to school and show everyone how mature I was not to have braces.

Am I the only person in the world who still has to wear their retainers?!  Seriously, I would have never thought 8 years ago I would have to still wear them to keep my teeth from looking like snaggle teeth.  For the first few months we were married I wasn't wearing them to bed. Who wants to talk with a huge lisp and have purple glitter (because that was the obvious choice in 8th grade) spilling out of their mouth when they are newlyweds? Not me.... until I looked in the mirror and realized I was starting to fit in a little too well with the Brits :(

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I am with you all the way. I stopped wearing my retainers when we got married too- until my dentist commented on it a year later. Ouch. So now I lisp "goodnight" with my purple and orange (Halloween??) retainers.

    ReplyDelete