Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ooops... Valentines Day Came Early

So I'll give a little background first...

For Christmas, my sweet Aunt Pappy gave Jordan and I an i-tunes giftcard that we have really been looking forward to cashing in.  Being back at home at Christmas I was reintroduced to how awesome American music is, specifically Taylor Swift.  Being our first Christmas together and still being newlyweds, I knew in the back of my mind that I should take the higher road and get a CD we both wanted.  But selfishly, knowing Taylor Swift had a new CD out, and knowing we had 15 glorious dollars to spend at the i-tunes store, I have been dropping hints for months that we should use it on the new T-Swift CD.

I don't know what came over me after dinner... maybe it was missing 36 (my roommates) and all the times we belted Taylor Swift together in our kitchen, or thinking about Will and MF and the time MaryFran and I had a 13 hour drive to Roanoke accompaied by Taylor herself,  but something hit me and I HAD to buy her new CD tonight. I HAD to. (Sound like all the stubborn little kids you babysit? I'm not proud)  I asked Jordan, "Hey why don't we just split that i-tunes gift card that Aunt Pappy gave us?" and he replied "Ah, I don't know where it is..." with a very suspicious look on his face.  But for some reason I was determined and pushed and pushed him, "Are you sure you don't know where it is?"  "Uh yeah I'm pretty sure"  At this point, I battling wanting the new CD so bad and trying not to be frustrated he didn't know where it was.  Sensing this, he got up and pretended to go look for the gift card in his desk.  I heard some rustling and even logged on to the i-tunes store and started sampling some of her awesome new songs.  Jordan came back into the room and with a sheepish smile said "Happy Valentines Day, I knew how much you wanted it" and handed me the new Taylor Swift CD.

Ahhhhhhhh.  I am a dummy, my stubbornness totally spoiled his sweet surprise.

But dang, I will not complain about jammin to my new hott tracks next to the best husband in the world! How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment