Sunday, January 30, 2011

Craftscapades

Some of you may know that I have been suffering from the craft bug this past month. Due to the sad fact that we aren't able to have everyone over for dinner to humor us about how great our crafts look(PS- yall have to come visit!) I thought I would show you a little bit of what I have spent too much time doing these past few weekends..

For the first time since we have been alive, our AU Tigers took it all the way.
How could we not show everyone on Iffley Road how proud we are?
We finally got rid of our brown-ish tweed door curtain (I cringe just thinking about it)
and made a new orange one out of fabric we found on clearance
War Eagle baby

Along with my sweet friends Leah and Claire wreath making came on the radar as Christmas craft but has since turned into a multi-seasonal joy...
We finally got around to taking down the Christmas wreath last weekend
and skipped right ahead to a Valentine's Day wreath.
With a little twine and felt, anything is possible

Growing up I had a chalk board wall in our kitchen &
Jordan and I thought it would be fun to make one here too.
We took a trip to B & Q (aka home depot) and picked up a piece of wood and chalk board spray paint
Please note Jordan is practicing his 'Super S' again.. haha

We have been meaning for months to get another bedside table for Jordan
But Jordan took things into his own hands
I knew I loved Jordan for so many reasons, but dang I had no idea 
I was going to love him for his carpentry skills too. Talk about a bonus!
Check out what he made

Last but not least..
I had been wanting to do something above our bed
With the help of my sweet mom, who sent us hankies from home,
We painted this canvas and mounted the hankies on it
It kind of makes up for the headboard, right?

Well those are all the crafts we have for you now.  But the best news yet is about to drop.... 
One of the porters at the Rhodes House, who is a great friend, heard that I enjoyed sewing.  Being the nicest person in the world that he is, he offered me his mom's old sewing machine on Friday! Seriously, I could have cried.  I told him I couldn't take it and his response was "Well, if you want it to keep sitting there for another 8 years you can walk away" haha.  So thanks to Bob we are about to enter a whole new era of crafting, I am so excited!


PS- last year, this weekend, Jordan asked me to be his wife.  Isn't it insane how much can happen in a year? God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment